Smartphones are probably the most used smart devices you can find currently. We use it all day long and for different reasons. But sometimes the performance of your Android phones starts to degrade. You feel the need to erase everything to remove any files or apps which are not properly functioning. If you are looking to sell your phone, then it is always good to do a factory reset on your phone in order to clean it completely. We are going to be talking about how you can perform a factory reset on your phone. So let us not waste any more time and get right to it.
How to factory reset your android phones & smartphones
Resetting your phone
There are two methods to preform a factory reset on your android phone and we are going to be talking about both of them. One way is via settings and the other is by going to the recovery mode.
The settings of most 5G android phones are almost the same with minor changes. The names of setting options will slightly vary depending on the version of Android operating system which you are using.
- Go to the settings of your android phone.
- Once you are in the settings, scroll down a bit to find System option and then Back up & Reset option.
- When you tap on Backup & Reset option you will go to another window. Once you are there look for Factory Data Reset and tap on it.
- Then you will be asked to choose from a number of erasing options. Choose Erase everything.
- This will erase all the data from your phone completely including apps, files, and your account information as well.
Via Recovery Mode
The other method to perform factory reset on your 5G android phones is by going to the recovery mode.
- The first step is to turn off your phone.
- Once the phone is turned off, press and hold both volume up and volume down keys, and then at the same time press and hold the power button.
- You need to keep holding the buttons until a test screen appears in front of you showing some available options. This usually takes up to 15 seconds. Once the screen pops up you can release the buttons.
- You will need to use the volume keys to navigate through the menu and power button to choose an option.
- Look for the Factory Reset option and choose it by pressing the power button.
- When you choose it, your phone will go through a factory reset then it will reboot.
What to Remember?
As doing a factory reset on your phone will completely erase your whole phone’s data, so there are certain things you need to keep in your mind before you decide to perform a factory reset or hard reset on your smartphones. Below mentioned are some useful tips you should consider which can come in handy.
Backup the Data
The first thing to remember is always backup your data before you wipe out your whole phone. Even though it will not affect the data present on your memory cards, but still, you should remove the card just to stay safe. Have all your data backed up in an external drive, USB pen drive, or in your computer. You can also move the data in a cloud storage like Google Drive, which will give you the freedom to access your data from anywhere and anytime.
Note Down the Accounts Information
There are a number of apps in your phone like social media apps and Play store, which require you to sign in with your email account. Doing a factory reset on your phone will remove all those accounts information as well. If you don’t remember your email ID or password, then it will be nearly impossible to access those apps again. Make sure to see which accounts are signed into your android phone and then note those down some where so you can enter these again. You should remember the passwords as well otherwise it will be quite a difficult task to retrieve your accounts.
Keep it Charged
It is important to have a good amount of battery of your phone before you perform a factory reset. The reason for this is that if you run out of battery in the middle of factory reset process then it can cause plenty of problems. This can mess up the software of your android phone or even leave you with a dead phone. Have at least 75% battery in your phone before you reset the phone. If you feel your phone is running out of battery, then connect a charger so the battery does not die on you.
Why Reset Your Smartphones?
- Doing a factory reset on your phone will remove any files which are infected with malware and virus. It will clean up the complete system of your phone.
- Doing a factory reset will make some much needed space in your phone, to store your desired apps, games, software, and much more.
- It can boost the performance of your phone as well and increase the processing speed.
There you have it this was the article, and we hope it covered everything you needed to know. These were some easy and simple steps to do a factory reset on your phone. We also mentioned some useful tips which you should keep in mind before you do a factory reset on your phone. So, keep the above-mentioned things in mind and you will be good to go.
If you are looking to buy some really good quality and latest mobiles for yourself or your loved ones, then we recommend that you visit Saving Buyers and choose from a wide collection of 5G android phones on the best deals. Some of the best Android phones offered by Amazon include smartphones.